Upcycle: Old "onesies" + applique ... | the ReFab Diaries

I'm a big fan of repurposing ... anything and everything.  Now that Ms Ro is in my world, I see that the possibilities are endless. She grows out of things so quickly!  Some things will find their way to consignment sales and thrift stores. But cheap Target onesies (babygrows)?  Probably not.  




I love orange but the kiddie clothing industry is less enamored with the color than me. So I chopped up a summer onesie to add some color to a long-sleeved bodysuit. If you don't already know how to use "wonder-under" or some other wonder substance that turns any fabric into an iron-on transfer, then you're missing out. Below is my creation:




I also found the best tutorial recently on Crap I've Made (gotta love the name) and used it to create the onesies below for friends expecting a boy in December. I bought the bodysuits new at a Carters outlet. The "ties" are made from used t-shirts I got at a consignment sale. And a couple of old summer onesies.  Total cost for the three: $12. 



SHARE 5 comments

Add your comment

  1. Thank you! I was thrilled with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I just bought the same pack of Carter's onesies for a friend who is expecting a baby boy. I was so happy to find non-pastel colors suitable for a boy. Where were these when my son was little? I love the tie appliques--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph! I just visited your blog and see that we've both used a Shabbyblog header (so pretty!) :) I now blog at macgyvermamas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a tie with a vest and 2 tab for the collar at the top perfect for going to church very easy to do just want to make sure you get tie real straight before sewing down.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. If your goal is to insert spam links to other sites, your comment will not be published.

© the ReFab Diaries · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS
–>